Friday, December 10, 2010

The Grand Canyon South Rim Tour

You can take a visit to many different places in the Grand Canyon National Park, for example, the West Rim, the North Rim and the South Rim. Every place has its distinctive scenery, but I only visited the South Rim. It is a more mature tourism place than other places in the park. The traffic, hotels and restaurants are very convenient nearby the South Rim.

Though I love camping very much, I still chose a hotel inside the park. So I could get up early to see the sunrise and stayed late to see the sunset. If you do not book your hotel as early as possible, you have to drive back to Vegas after the sunset. The next day, I woke up at 5am, as I was very anxious to see the amazing sunrise. When I got my destination, I found there were already crowds of people waiting for the sunrise. I heard of many gorgeous words to describe its beauty, but I think no one can totally describe its amazing scene. Only when you see it by your own eyes can you know how grand and magnificent it is.

After the great sunrise, I started my canyon tour. As I gave up outdoor camping, I would never miss the exciting hiking. I planned to hike down the canyon, so I took all my gears and enough food and drink. In addition, I did not forget to take warm clothes, either. It would be very cold at night at the bottom of the canyon. One day was not enough to finish this hiking, so tourists always stayed in the log rooms in the valley and climbed up the next day. Hiking always brought me surprises; I could always challenge the limit of my body. That's exciting experience.

There some tips when you drove from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Do not choose Route 66. If you do, you have to spend much more time than those who choose the interstate. On your way to the canyon, you can stop at Hoover Dam, which is worthwhile for you stop. Actually, you will appreciate this amazing building when you are about to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment